CANDLE SAFETY

Enjoying your candles

We hope you enjoy our candles and they evoke distinct experiences as the fragrances fill the surrounding air.  We can offer a few tips to ensure you get the most from them. Always read the label before use. 

Once lit, it is best to allow the surface wax to fully melt before extinguishing the flame. This ensures a correct pooling and even wax reduction, leaving a clean glass and gives a steady lifespan.

Only when the melted wax has cooled enough, remove any debris from the half set wax to keep it clean and to avoid further wicks being lit next time.

Trim the wick to 5mm prior to relighting, this avoids smoking and ensures an even burn, extending the lifespan of your candle.

Please recycle the packaging and glass once used and where possible.

Candle safety


Candles have been creating beautiful ambience for thousands of years, and fragrance has been key in accentuating this.  However, naked flames can still be dangerous and care should always be taken.

Always place your candle on a stable and safe heat-proof area, away from flammable surfaces,  nearby furnishings and strong breezes. 

If you have children or pets, the candle should be kept far out of reach.  Never leave your candle lit and unattended.

 

Do not tip your candle once lit, and only move it once it has cooled to the touch. 

 

We envision our candles working best when lit individually, but if you wish to create a stronger ambience, ensure candles are at least 10cm away from each other to avoid undue influence. 

 

Always extinguish candles properly and carefully when leaving the room.  Strong blows can spray melted wax and may leave the wick smouldering. Water or similar liquid should not be used. It is advised to use a snuffer.